Friday 26 June 2015

WHEN WILL NIGERIANS START DOING THIS??? The Most Extreme Body Transformations in Hollywood Prove Who Is Willing to Really Suffer for Their Art


Sometimes I try to compare our Nollywood with Hollywood but the more I try the more u see the difference. There is no denying that the morbid fascination of watching a celebrity undergo an extreme body transformation can make a film all the more appealing to moviegoers, but when do they push stars too far?

Whether it's cramming 10 big macs into you pie hole everyday to pile on the pounds or barely surviving on tiny scraps of sustenance, extreme weight gain or loss puts a huge toll on the body that really proves an actor's dedication to their role.


Below are some of the celebrities who were willing to literally shape their very being to take on challenging movie roles, but who do you think took things too far?

Chris Pratt - Guardians of the Galaxy























Weight loss/gain: Lost 60lbs of fat and gained a hella lot of muscle mass

How did they do it? After bumbling around as the decidedly cuddly Andy Dwyer in Parks and Recreation, Chris Pratt had to shift some serious poundage to gain a body fit for a Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy.

By subscribing to a grueling workout plan, including four to six sessions a week and entirely changing his way of thinking about eating with the help of nutritionalist Phil Goglia, Chris Pratt transformed his figure in just six months.

Quote: Although everyone is enamored with the buff new Pratt, the 35-year-old star is a realist when it comes to keeping in shape. He told Men's Health magazine that:
"I can tell that people are motivated by my transformations, and that feels really good. But everyone should know when the movie star stuff is over, I might go back to being the fat guy. My wife wants a pizza oven—she’s going to learn how to bake bread, and I’m going to eat it. I love the health benefits of exercising, and I have a kid now. By exercising, you really can add 20, 30 years to your life. But you gotta live too, so hopefully I’ll find a nice balance."

Anne Hathaway - Les Miserables 























Weight loss/gain: A loss of 25lbs

How did they do it? When she signed up to play Fantine, the destitute prostitute in Les Miserables , Hathaway knew that she would have to look totally malnourished to be convincing in the role.

Although the role won her an Oscar, Anne Hathaway really had to struggle to force her already slim frame to drop the pounds and she ended up eating just 2 thin squares of dried oatmeal per day to drop the final 15lbs. Ouch.

Quote: Hathaway admits that she had to be totally obsessed with the idea of losing weight to be able to pull off such an extreme diet. She explained:
"I had to be obsessive about it–the idea was to look near death. Looking back on the whole experience–and I don't judge it in any way—it was definitely a little nuts. It was definitely a break with reality, but I think that’s who Fantine is anyway. I was in such a state of deprivation–physical and emotional. When I got home, I couldn't react to the chaos of the world without being overwhelmed. It took me weeks till I felt like myself again."

 Fifty Cent - Things Fall Apart























Weight loss/gain: A loss of 50lbs

How did they do it? Fifty Cent lost a staggering amount of weight for the movie Things Fall Apart, which is about a football player who succumbs to cancer.

After taking on the role to honor a friend who died of cancer, 50 Cent lost a staggering 50lbs from his ripped physique by running on a treadmill for three hours a day and living off a liquid diet.

Quote: 50 Cent was desperate to visually convey the ravaging effects of cancer to his audience, he explained:

"I was so into what I was doing that I wasn't really concerned with that. I just kept looking at myself in the mirror feeling like I have to be smaller. I had to match. I had so much muscle on me that it was hard for me to lose definition even as I got lighter and slimmer. I started running to suppress my appetite. Towards the end it was really difficult. It was like, if I don't get close enough to what my best friend looked like to me at that point before he passed, then I'm not doing the story any justice."

Matthew McConaughey - Dallas Buyers Club 























Weight loss/gain: A loss of 47lbs

How did they do it? To be convincing as a man dying of AIDS in Dallas Buyers Club, Matthew McConaughey had to loose a lot of weight, so he put himself on a severely dull diet to seriously shrink himself.

McConaughey once claimed that he ate two egg whites and a plain fillet of chicken with a can of diet coke every day to loose the weight. He also shut himself inside for six months to gain a deathly pallor.

Quote: Although losing the weight was hard going, McConaughey did experience some unexpected side effects, he explained:
"The surprise was how the energy that I lost from the neck down transferred to the neck up. I became clinically aware, almost hyper, I needed three hours less sleep a night. I had an amazing amount of energy from the head up. That was something I didn't know was going to happen."

Christian Bale - The Machinist 






















Weight loss/gain: A loss of 63lbs

How did they do it? Losing 63lbs in four months is no mean feat and Bale achieved his truly skeletal frame by eating an apple and a can of tuna every day.

Losing so much weight so quickly had some pretty dire consequences for Bale including losing so much muscle elasticity that his ass literally dropped off his hip sockets, but the 41-year-old actor is no stranger to extreme body transformations.

Quote: Bale didn't hesitate to totally immerse himself into the weight loss process, he explained that he enjoyed:
"the challenge and slightly self-destructive urges involved in losing that amount of weight."

 Would you ever undergo an extreme diet for a role?

No comments:

The Big Election Is Here, Who Will You Vote: Buhari Vs. Goodluck Jonathan Poll

Translate